K2 Men's Afterblack Snowboard
- The K2 Afterblack is a premium freestyle snowboard that specializes in night missions, wall rides, huge airs, and promises to come through in the clutch to give you the confidence to give it one more go.
Designed for the intermediate-to-expert level snowboarder, the Afterblack is a mid-flexing true-twin with a Combination Camber Profile - with camber in between the bindings and rocker on the outside of the insiders - giving it a playful feel while still being able to hold speed and track straight into the next feature. It’s tri-blend BAP Core blends bamboo, aspen, and paulownia woods together to deliver snap and rebound while damping vibration on the harshest landings.
Wrapping the core, tip-to-tail triaxially woven fiberglass and Carbon DarkWeb™ gives the Afterblack stability and edge control for popping off lips and sending big side hits, and the fast and durable Sintered 4000 base soaks up wax to ensure you’ll have enough speed to send you well past the knuckle and down to the sweet spot in the landing.
Australian artist and designer Marcus Dixon illustrated the graphic on this season’s Afterblack. A morph of a flaming 8-ball transitioning into a flying eagle is paired with Marcus’ rendition on the classic K2 logo. A tonal, and logo-heavy base graphic provides a clean aesthetic that is easy on the eyes.
- Feature 1: BAP Core - A tri-blend wood core harnesses the rebound, strength, and feel of sustainably harvested Bamboo, Aspen, and Paulownia timber species.
- Feature 2: Triax Glass - A fiberglass weave intersecting at three angles provides extra torsional stiffness and overall strength.
- Feature 3: Carbon DarkWeb™ - Carbon stringers extend at 45º angles from the inserts in an “X”
- pattern, adding responsiveness and stability at all speeds.
- Feature 4: Hybritech™ Sidewall Construction - A K2 exclusive. By transitioning from a P-Tex sidewall into a capped construction in the tip and tail of our snowboards, we are able to reduce waste while giving our snowboards better energy transfer and making them more durable than our competitors.
Feature 5: Sintered 4000 Base - Hard, fast, and durable, our Sintered Base material holds wax better that extruded materials increasing speed and glide.