11 Best Snacks for the Slopes
With just eleven days until our stores open for the Winter 2016-2017 season, I decided to put together a list of 11 Mountain Snacks I love. They are great for on-the-go days, or heading out to hike, bike, ski, or snowboard.
1. Fruit Roll-Ups. Because, common, who doesn't love those? Fruit by the foot and other fruit snacks are good too, but these are a favorite!
2. Dried fruit. Craisins, anyone?
3. Trail Mix! Make your own or grab some at the store. The one shown above is sold at Costco.
4. Next time the peanut butter is low, just throw in some chopped celery. I saw this healthy snack hack on Pinterest and couldn't help but pass it on.
5. Pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds. It's super easy to just eat a few on the lift each time. Great sustained energy and protein. See this recipe for pumpkin seeds here.
6. This one might be for the adventurous: Dry, uncooked ramen noodles. Ditch the spice packet and crunch away. They taste like a cracker. Fall a few times and it will just make them easier to eat.
7. If you're not into the Ramen idea, maybe you'll like this one: homemade granola bars. Find five recipes here. Photo credit to https://www.thisgrandmaisfun.com/
8. If making granola bars sounds like too much time and too much effort for you, try the Clif Bar. The bars are free of gluten, soy, and dairy ingredients.
9. Clementines. They're in season during the winter. Yum!
10. Beef Jerky. If you don't already have a favorite brand, check out www.epicbar.com - 100% grass-fed jerky.
11. Almonds! High in protein, vitamin E, copper, and magnesium, they are an excellent healthy snack to suit your active lifestyle.
Get outside & get snackin'! Feel free to comment and leave your favorite mountain snack ideas below.