Nothing beats that feeling at the end of a great run while you're out on the slopes on a beautiful day. When you're having a day like that, the only thing you should be worried about is having a great time. When you're using the right gear, you're allowing yourself to make having fun your top priority.
If you aren't using an important piece of gear or if it's not working the way it should, you're skiing or boarding is distracted. This will affect your time out and could also lead to you or someone around you getting hurt.
A snowboard or ski helmet is a great way to give yourself better peace of mind when you're out on the slopes. By wearing one, you keep yourself and the people around you safe from injury. At Buckman's Ski and Snowboard Shops, we have a wide selection of men's, women's and youth ski helmets for everyone.
Parts of a Snow Helmet
To pick out the right ski or snowboard helmet, understanding the components of the helmet can help you find the right one. There are two main parts of a snow helmet:
- Shell: The shell is the hard outer layer of the helmet. In case of a fall, the shell will help spread the impact to a larger area instead of a smaller, more concentrated spot. It will also protect you from sharp or hard objects, like rocks, sticks or other objects on the hill.
- Inside Lining: The inner layer is usually made of foam. The inside lining will absorb most of the impact from a fall. The foam will make the helmet more comfortable, too, and give it a more snug fit.
Tips for Picking the Right Snow Helmet
When you're looking to buy a ski or snowboard helmet, it's important to get the right one. The perfect helmet for one person may not be right for someone else. You should look at and try on many options to make sure you find the right one.
Here are some tips for finding the right snow helmet:
- Get the Right Size: To get a size for your helmet, use a tape measure and wrap it around the largest part of your head. Use that measurement when picking out your helmet.
- Try It On: A helmet may look great online, but always try it on before buying if you can. Every helmet is going to be a little bit different, so testing them out in person is important in making sure you're getting the right one.
Find the Perfect Helmet at Buckman's Ski and Snowboard Shops
At our stores, we want to make sure you're safe when you're out on the hill. Using a helmet isn't required at many ski resorts, but it's an important piece of equipment to use anyway.
Shopping with Buckman's Ski and Snowboard Shops gives you lots of advantages.
We only stock the best ski and snowboard equipment, apparel and accessories. Along with our exceptional customer service, Buckman's has become an elite ski and snowboard shop in our area.
Aside from our great products and experienced team, we also offer other benefits, including:
- Seven locations throughout Pennsylvania and a convenient online store to let you shop from anywhere
- Guaranteed price match if you find a lower price somewhere else
- Free shipping on most orders of $50 or more
Buckman's Ski and Snowboard Shops is the perfect place to find the right snow helmet and anything else you may need to get back out there. Contact us today if you have any questions.